43 Salisbury Road, Middlesex, HA5 2NJ
Be Careful While Walking
- Choose a familiar route that is flat and free of obstacles.
- Consider the surface you'll be walking on. A smooth, soft surface that's free of debris will put less strain on your joints and feet.
- Wear supportive footwear wear low-heeled footwear with non-skid soles.
- Avoid rushing rushing increases your risk of falling. Take your time.
- If using a walking aid (e.g. cane or walker) ensure that it is fitted for your height.
- Be extra careful in cold weather — sidewalks and paths can be slippery.
- Cold weather can cause numbness and make it difficult for you to feel any pain or an injury. When it's cold outside, consider walking in an indoor place, like an indoor shopping centre or community/communal building.
- Walk with friends or a walking club.
- Carry a mobile phone in case of emergencies.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and drink plenty of water.
- Stop or take a break if you feel any pain during your walk.
- Consult a health care provider if pain continues after your walk.
Chiropodist Eastcote Northwood Hills Chiropodist Pinner Harrow Chiropodist Ruislip Stanmore Chiropodist Uxbridge Podiatrist Eastcote Northwood Hills Podiatrist Pinner Podiatrist Harrow Podiatrist Ruislip Podiatrist Stanmore Uxbridge
© The Foot Clinic Pinner
All information on this website is subject to copyright and cannot be reproduced without our expressed permission